"Early to bed and early to rise, makes a Muslim woman healthy, wealthy, and wise". This is our take on the well-known quote about waking up early!
As a Muslim woman living in Canada, it can be difficult to balance a full-time job, demands from the kids, cooking and other chores. A well thought out morning routine can have a huge positive impact on the rest of your day. It gives you the opportunity to plan out your day and focus on the important tasks or goals for the day. This allows you to be proactive and organize even before you start your day.
I will share four benefits of a good morning routine and then provide a morning routine checklist to make it easy for you to follow along. I know you might be rolling your eyes at the mere thought of a morning routine. My goal is to make this as easy for you as possible.
The benefits of a good morning routine:
1. It is easier to develop good habits.
The time in the morning when the kids are sleeping and you do not have any other tasks on your plate; it is easier to develop good habits such as doing morning routine stretches, morning routine yoga or reading your favorite book, blog articles or blog posts. Beginning your morning with the recitation of the Quran can bring tremendous barakah and positivity to your day.
Check out this video for 10 perfect morning routine stretches for more energy:
Or this video on a 15 minute morning routine yoga:
You can do these to the best of your ability and complete all the exercises as you learn and get familiar with the workout.
2. It is easier to prioritize and make good decisions. When you plan your day ahead of time, it is easier for you to prioritize daily tasks and makes it easier for you to focus on the important things. Sometimes there is so much to do and we end up wasting time on the non-essential tasks. The goal is to prioritize an essential and urgent task on a daily basis. The right approach would be to tackle a long-term goal on a daily basis to make sure you stay on track.
You can use this awesome video from Psyche2go to stay focused:
3. Preparing and eating a healthy breakfast. A good morning routine gives you the time to cook and eat a healthy, nutritional and satisfying breakfast. A good breakfast gives you the energy to progress through your day and gives you a good start to your day.
4. Time to take care of yourself. As a Muslim woman living in Canada, our first priority is either our children, family members or friends and we do not end up giving any attention to ourselves. Waking up early gives you the opportunity to care for yourself and give yourself the time that you truly deserve.
5. Focusing and giving others an excellent way to lift your mood. The best way to lift your mood and get in the mindset of productivity is to do something for someone else. When you shift your focus from yourself to another person then that has a tremendous impact on you. Try it for yourself and comment on this post below! It definitely works for me and I hope it will benefit you too.
6. Higher Productivity. You can focus on the things that really matter. After you're done prioritizing your main tasks, you can begin to take steps to complete those tasks. The morning hours are peaceful and they will give you the time to be productive and get things done. As you already know, once you start by completing a task early in the morning, the rest of your day will be productive too!
- "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing". Walt Disney
Naturally, the question may come to you, how do I develop an effective morning routine?
You can check out our next blog post to read about our morning routine checklist to give you the motivation, focus, and tips to successfully develop a morning routine.
P.S. Discounted and best material of hijabs can be found at the best hijab store in Canada!
The information relayed is for entertainment and/or informational purposes only and it shouldn’t be seen as any kind of advice, such a medical, legal, tax, emotional or other types of advice. Please consult with a professional before taking any sort of action.
To make your morning routine easier, you can purchase hijabs from our online hijab store; we offer free shipping and returns to save you time and money. To buy our latest hijab collections in Canada from an online hijab store then read our guide to choosing the perfect hijab.